Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sassy Cassie.

A couple weeks ago we realized Katherine thought her name was "You." She was so used to being called "You" that she would ask, "Mama hold You?" or "Cookie for You??".
This is a very old picture, but I forgot to share it long ago and it's handy now. :-)

Mommy and Daddy worked hard to teach Katherine her true name, but a 3 syllable + 9 letter name is a bit much for an almost 2 year old to handle, so when she pronounces her name it comes out "Sassy." This is all too appropriate, as Katherine can be all too full of sass, but we're hoping to move through the Sassy stage before too long.

We get so used to hearing Katherine call herself Sassy now that we've semi-adopted the nickname Cassie. Only time will tell whether or not this name sticks (it's always been one of Mommy's favorite names, but Daddy's still rooting for "Kat"). Regardless of what we call Katherine, it's a joy to see her grow, learn, and change each day.

4 comments:

GG said...

WHAT'S IN A NAME??Evey time I hear Sassy I smile:)I am thinking Katherine will get many nick names like her GG did with her 3 sylable name:)I had at least 5 or 6 ,loved them all & now "GG" --I really do love SASST CASSY but would not wish that on her as she grew older--It will be exciting to hear all her pet names-- Cassie is so sweet--so is Kat but perhaps GG will keep the name "Sassy" for my little sweetheart lol

Love to all

GG

kathy dubois said...

Francis called himself, "Sancis" for a while. He could say friend and Frank, but not Francis :-) Whatever Katherine calls herself, she's adorable!

oceans of love,
aunt kathy

Semicode said...

Well at least she didn't think her name was "who" 😁 although that would have been fun.

Grambie said...

You sure are a sweet Sassie Cassie!
Oceans of love!