Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Cleaning

We've finally arrived at the pregnancy symptom Julie's been looking forward to the most: Nesting. Between it being Spring cleaning season and having all my hormones prepare for Katherine's arrival, I have started to "crave" cleaning for the first time in my life! Lately I've been waking up at 2 or 3 in the morning and can't sleep until I've worked for at least an hour or so on the house. Our house is still by no means perfect, but it's cleanest it's ever been! (...and probably the cleanest it ever will be)

Here are some pictures of our nursery, completely ready for Baby:




Mommy isn't the only one who's been "nesting." Daddy has also been hard at work building all kinds of great stuff for Katherine's arrival. He made the built in shelves (in the second picture behind the rocking chair),  made a shelf for the laundry room, and even built the frame for a wall in our basement!

We're all set, and ready to meet Katherine any day now! As we finish preparing our home, we also prepare our hearts to greet her with great love and joy.

3 comments:

Grambie said...

Come on down, Katherine! Check out your cool new room, house and especially your awesome parents--they're even cooler when you can see them! You've got 2 cool sets of Grandparents who can't wait to see you too ;) and even some great grandparents :)
Oceans of love!

Loretta said...

Everything is ready for Katherine so please Lord would you send her into our world --but we will wait till YOU feel she is ready:):) We are ready here.
Julie & Ted--I should come just to see your house lol-- Somehow I'm thinking you will keep it clean for Katherine

LOVE TO INFINITY

GG

Anonymous said...

awww, the nursery's too cute, you guys! super excited for you both! Take care!
~mightymouse